ODFL’s Girls’ Equality Project (GEP) provides washable sanitary supplies to teenage girls in the developing world. In 2019, we raised $41,500 to fund GEP kits. Let's beat that goal in 2020!! The kits cost $5 to make, but are free to the girls. Without such supplies, the girls cannot manage their monthly menstrual cycles. They drop out of school, instantly becoming second class citizens. In worst cases, they are sold as child brides or sex slaves. GEP kits may be one of the most cost-effective liberations of human potential on the planet.
- Project Summary https://odfl.org/pdf/GEP_Project_Summary.pdf
- Project Details https://odfl.org/pdf/GEP_Project_Details_and_Impact.pdf
- Sewing Center Project Overview https://odfl.org/pdf/GEP_Project_Perspective.pdf
- Success Story https://odfl.org/pdf/GEP_Project_Success_Story.pdf
- Personal Testimonial https://odfl.org/pdf/Brenda_GEP_Article.pdf
- GEP Think Piece https://odfl.org/pdf/GEP_Think_Piece.pdf
- Partner: Various